Chorizo & Red Pepper Buns
This recipe uses our authentic Spanish cooking chorizo, which is soft, and similar in texture to traditional sausages and juicier than cured chorizo.
Serves 2 but easily doubled, tripled or even more. Cook on a barbecue or indoors.
- 4 Soft Spanish Chorizo Sausages Shop
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Ciabatta Rolls
- 70g Wild Rocket
1. Start by roasting your peppers. Heat your oven to 200°C / 392 °F/ gas mark 5. Once up to temperature, place your peppers, whole, on a baking tray. Roast in the hot oven for 20 minutes until they are slightly charred and soft.
2. Once done, put the hot peppers in to a large sandwich bag and allow them to steam and soften for about 15 minutes.
3. Once cooled and soft, strip the skin off with your fingers, or with a small knife (careful!). Then slice the peppers into strips, drizzle with olive oil, season and set aside.
4. Next the chorizo sausages. Heat a griddle pan until hot. (You can also cook them on the barbecue.)
5. At this stage, if you would like your ciabatta rolls crispy, slice them in half and pop them in the pan to crisp up, which will take around 1 – 2 mins on each side. If not, slice them and leave to one side.
6. Split the Chorizo sausages in half and place on the griddle skin side down. Cook the Chorizo until heated through and charred around the edges, this will take about 3 minutes. Flip the sausage and griddle the inside to give it a crispy edge. Chorizo sausages will release lots of oil so do not worry if there is a lot in the pan.
7. Grab your ciabatta rolls and stuff them with a helping of rocket, topped with two of the freshly cooked chorizo sausages. Then add stripes of your roasted red pepper on top of the chorizo and serve!
This makes for a great dish that is brilliantly cooked on a barbecue in the summer, but also warms up a chilly evening when the British weather is not behaving itself!
A wide range of premium meats.
Interested in placing an order over the phone or have questions regarding our products? No problem, contact our friendly team today.