Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to update these terms at any time. If we choose to do so, you will be notified by email or via an announcement on our website.
1. Once you have registered to use our service, you may place an order at any time using the website functionality. Orders may be placed up to 10am the day before delivery, subject to the availability of stock and available delivery capacity with our carriers.
2. Please note that we reserve the right to make some delivery dates unavailable should we reach capacity, or due to unforeseen circumstances. Should we have to change your delivery date, we will always advise you first to find a solution.
3. By clicking ‘add to basket’, you are placing the product in question into your online shopping basket. You may review your online shopping basket at any point while browsing, and can make change the quantities therein and add or remove products as you wish.
4. By submitting and confirming an order with us you are agreeing to a contract to buy the goods you have chosen. You will receive an immediate, automated confirmation of your order by email, reiterating the goods and delivery date chosen by you.
5. You may amend or cancel this order up to midnight two calendar days before your chosen day of delivery (e.g. up to midnight on the 4th if your delivery date is the 6th). To cancel an order please call 01799 520385 between 7am and 3pm, or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations cannot be accepted beyond this deadline as raw material provisions have been sought.
6. By accepting an order, we confirm that we will do all that we can to ensure that it is fulfilled.
7. Products are subject to availability and market conditions. In the rare event that we are unable to supply a product, you will be contacted by phone or email to discuss a substitute and the price for the product will be confirmed at this point.
8. The order total stated when you place your order, and recorded in your order confirmation, is the price you will pay for the goods (subject to point 6), unless you have placed a click & collect order with us and have chosen to reserve your order with a deposit with the remainder to be paid upon collection.
9. Placing an order with us carries with it the obligation to pay for the goods, unless you cancel the order within the parameters outlined in point 4.
10. We sell to end users only. You must not resell products purchased from our website.
1. When you place an order, you are required to provide the delivery address. Your chosen delivery address is stated within your automated confirmation email, and it is your responsibility to ensure that this address is correct.
2. Our own Burtons Butchers drivers, will deliver your order between 8am and 6pm on your chosen day of delivery (for exceptions see point 3). You are responsible for ensuring that someone is able to accept the order on your chosen delivery date. You may instruct our delivery partner with a leave safe instruction, but this remains entirely at their discretion; parcels will only be left should they feel it safe to do so.
3. We, along with our drivers will endeavour to ensure that your order reaches you on your chosen delivery date. Circumstances beyond our and our drivers' control include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions, vehicle breakdown, strike action, Acts of God, fire, civil unrest, equipment failure, war and disruption of energy or water supply.
4. Assuming reasonable and normal conditions in terms of temperature (those which are commonly expected in the delivery supply chain), the vehicles we use will keep your order cool until delivery. It is your responsibility to ensure that goods are refrigerated as soon as they are received.
Products and inspection
1. You are strongly advised to inspect your delivery on arrival. We warrant that goods should not be defective upon delivery; It is your responsibility to contact us within 24 hours if you believe any of the products received to be defective on arrival.
2. Should you believe any of the goods received to be damaged or defective, you must take clear photographs of the damage and email them to email@example.com, along with your order number, delivery date and any other information that could be useful in satisfying your concerns. We cannot process damage complaints without photographic proof of damage. A full refund or replacement will be given for goods found to be damaged or defective. We reserve the right to arrange collection of the defective goods in order to process the refund.
3. Our warranty does not cover damage that has occurred to the goods while in your possession, including incorrect cooking methods.
4. You will not be made to pay for any incorrect or unavailable items.
Our state-of-the-art, factory headquarters spread over 4000 square feet is based in Shire Hill, Saffron Walden and provides an extensive range of meats to a variety of businesses in the region.
Learn more about us supplying produce to your business.
supplying produce to your business
We currently deliver premium quality meat to approximately 300 restaurants, hotels, pubs, conference and sporting venues as well as colleges and schools all across East Anglia.
Commitment to Quality
The meats we supply are of the highest quality and where possible, locally sourced from farms where animal welfare is a priority
Burtons Butchers has recently been SALSA accredited showing our commitment to food safety and standards.
Interested in placing an order over the phone or have questions regarding our products? No problem, contact our friendly team today.