Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb
Slow roasted lamb has an incredible flavour and using our Free-Range Suffolk lamb you will not need much to bring out its beautiful taste.
Our Free-Range Suffolk Lamb is reared to the highest standards with a wonderful flavour, slow cook this delicious meat with a little rosemary and garlic.
Serve with crispy roast potatoes, mint sauce and of course plenty of gravy made from the juices of the meat.
- 2kg Rolled Loin of Free-Range Lamb Shop
- 1 large bunch fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb garlic, unpeeled, broken into cloves
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- 125ml Red Wine
- Juices from the lamb
2. Take half the fresh rosemary and half of garlic cloves and scatter them on the bottom of a deep sided roasting tray.
3. Rub the lamb all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place it in the tray making sure it is on top of the rosemary and garlic, so it absorbs all the great flavours whilst it cooks.
4. Put the remaining rosemary and garlic on top of the lamb, you can also stuff pieces of rosemary into the fat to give it added flavour. Cover the tray with foil, ensuring all ends are covered and place in the oven. Turn the oven down to 170°C/ 325°F/ gas 3 and cook slowly for 4 hours. You will be able to tell when the lamb is ready as it will look soft, succulent and will pull apart easily.
5. Remove the lamb from the oven and place it on a chopping board. Cover it with tinfoil, then a tea towel, and leave it to rest for at least 20 minutes, this will make the lamb juicier.
6. Pour away most of the fat from the roasting tray, this will tend to sit on top so will be easy to scoop off, ensure you also discard any bits of rosemary stalk. Put the tray on the hob and mix in the flour, add the stock and the red wine while stirring and scraping all the juices from the bottom of the tray. If it is a little thick you can always add some extra stock, or just water. Season to your taste.
7. Serve the lamb with roast potatoes, green vegetables, mint sauce and lashings of gravy. If there is anything left the next day, make pulled lamb rolls!
A wide range of premium meats.
Interested in placing an order over the phone or have questions regarding our products? No problem, contact our friendly team today.